Learning Objectives offer an overview of key chapter ideas. Each chapter opens with a list of major objectives, and throughout the chapter the learning objective icon indicates targeted references to each objective.
Focus on Problem Solving sections summarize important methods and procedures for the solution of common problems and assist the student in developing a methodical approach to problem solving.
Clearing Illustrated Examples illustrate relevant applicants of electrical engineering principles. The examples are fully integrated with the Focus on Problem Solving material, and each one is organized according to a prescribed set of logical steps.
Make the Connection sidebars present analogies that illuminate electrical engineering concepts using other concepts from engineering disciplines.
Focus on Measurements boxes emphasize the great relevance of electrical engineering to the science and practice of measurement.
Table of Contents
1 Introduction to Electrical Engineering
Part I. Circuits
2. Fundamentals of Electric Circuits
3. Resistive Network Analysis
4. AC Network Analysis
5. Transient Analysis
6. Frequency Response and System Concepts
7. AC Power
Part II. Electronics
8. Operational Amplifiers
9. Semiconductors and Diodes
10. Bipolar Junction Transistors: Operation, Circuit Models, and Applications
11. Field-Effect Transistors: Operation, Circuit Models, and Applications
12. Digital Logic Circuits
Part III. Instrumentation and Communication Systems
13. Principles of Electromechanics
14. Introduction to Electric Machines
Appendix A. Linear Algebra and Complex Numbers
Appendix B. The Laplace Transform
Appendix C. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Examination
Appendix D. ASCII Character Code